Debt Recovery & Litigation

We can review the facts of your case and advise on the best course of action for recovering money owed to you.

There are a number of recovery methods which can be used, not just applying to Court for a County Court judgement.

If the debt is based on an invoice that has not been paid or there is other paperwork to back up the monies owed, this can often be more straightforward than a disputed debt.

If the money is owed to you because there has been a breach of contract or somebody owed you a duty of care and they have failed in this duty and have therefore been negligent, we can help you claim money owed to you in these circumstances also.

What are some of the things we can do?

We can assist by writing letters on your behalf explaining to the debtor that you have instructed us to claim the money owed to you. If the debtor disputes the debt or fails to acknowledge our letter we can apply to the Court for a County Court Judgment. This would include drafting the Claim Form and Particulars of Claim and sending this to the Court. If the debt is not disputed we can obtain a default judgment for you or if the Claim becomes defended, we will advise you on the merits of the Defence. We can assist you throughout the Court process, either manging the case for you or advising you on a case you are managing yourself.

Once a County Court Judgement is obtained we can enforce this for you to claim the money from the debtor in the following ways.

Attachment of Earnings Order. If the Debtor has an employer we could apply for an Attachment of Earnings Order from the Court, so that a fixed amount of their salary is paid directly by their employer to you every month until the debt is clear.

Charging Order. The amount of the County Court Judgement could be secured against a property the debtor owns. We could apply for the Property to be sold and for the debt to be repaid or the charging order could be fixed to the debtor’s property and the debt could continue to accrue interest.

Instruct Bailiffs to collect the debt.

Other solutions to consider:

Mediation     Alternative Dispute Resolution     Statutory Demand

Can we help?

If you are undecided whether you need the services of a solicitor, please get in touch, under no obligation, to discuss your situation.